The stats are in. People are watching more videos. Even Instagram has announced that they are no longer a photo sharing app. Whaaat? Yup, you read that right. Instagram is no longer a sharing app and the focus will now be video. What does this mean for you as a small business owner? In order to market these days you need to create content and your content needs to consist of videos.
Marketing in 2021 & 2022 & beyond = content creation = video content creation = leads for your business = sales conversion.
Don’t believe me? Well, I thought we were closer than that but no biggie, let me share some stats with you.
- Viewers are 95% more likely to remember a call to action after watching a video, compared to 10 percent when reading it in text format (Forbes)
- 90% of customers say videos help them make buying decisions (HubSpot).
- 79% of people would rather watch a video to learn about a product or service than read text (Wyzowl).
- Average user spends 88% more time on a website with video (Forbes)
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine. It receives more than 1.5 billion users per month and plays over 1 billion hours of video each day to users (SEJ)
Video is not an optional, once-in-a-while thing you can do to promote your business around the holidays. Video has become such an impactful tool as part of digital marketing that it needs to be incorporated into your marketing strategy. I didn’t say you would like it or that it’s fun but you doing what’s uncomfortable now will make it more comfortable for your finances later. In fact, think of increasing your video content as a great opportunity for you to create messaging that is unique, high value information and speaks directly to your ideal clients.
Here’s the good news, it does not have to cost you an arm and a leg. Your phone will do in most cases. Guess what else? It doesn’t have to be super polished and intricately edited. The super polished videos in fact, signal a more unrelatable approach. As a small business you want to build an engaged community and today, the tool to use is video.
Do not get left out.
Don’t have a video marketing strategy? You don’t have to figure this out on your own. Here’s how you can get started. If you want tips on how to do this, when you’re ready:
- Check out our free guide and learn more about the Standout Brand Makeover course here that helps you elevate your brand visibility & boost your camera confidence without shoveling out money to firms, wasting time camping out on social media & feeling invisible.
- Join our private Facebook group Boost Your Brand Visibility here.
Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be
waiting for your next write ups thank you once